I am a confident, flexible worker with a broad range of administration skills and IT experience.
I have a university degree in Computer Science. Self- motivated, conscientious, adaptable and thoroughly competent.
I like to apply new technology. Qualified, chartered & experienced IT Professional with a vast range of skills.
· Can operate, install & configure all versions of Microsoft Windows & Office, DOS, Linux, Apple Mac
· Experienced in all types of hardware repair including complete laptop and desktop assembly
· Can diagnose and fix scanners, printers, monitors, keyboards, mice, desk mains power issues
· Proficient in all application software, networks, builds, repairs, upgrades, maintenance and post sales
· Software analysis, systems analysis, software engineering, debugging, programming and testing skills
· Excellent communicator with management & colleagues, great client and visitor facing experiences
· Can communicate improvements to technical teams with processes and documentation when necessary
· Able to work under own supervision or within a team either home, local or field based
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, confident in delivering a presentation
· I like to solve computer problems and resolve users queries going the extra mile for the customer
· Attentive to detail, accurate and efficient. Punctual, reliable and trustworthy. Legally compliant ethics.
· Able to manage and co-ordinate small, medium and large projects with complete competence
· Understanding of business needs, goals, budgets and timescales for successful project delivery
· Positive, cheerful, helpful and patient attitude. Flexible with work hours and travel requirements
A multi-national technology company for the major manufacturing industries (email me for details)
Sep 2012 Present Date
Getronics UK Global IT Outsourcing Company for the Distributed Services Department
3rd line Desk Side Support Engineer with company fleet car and fuel card
Nov 2006 Sep 2012
Systems Administrator / 3rd line Support Technician & Site Safety Officer
Barclays Plc. Barclays House (Poole, Dorset)
Mar 2005 Nov 2006
IT Tutor / Systems Administrator, Quay Foyer (Poole, Dorset)
Feb 2004 Mar 2005
Administrator of Windows NT4 Server/2000 Pro/98 2nd Edition/XP LAN Network
2nd and 3rd line support of all users and systems, training the users as necessary
I enjoyed two years away from my career to travel the world using my savings
Jan 2002 Jan 2004
Network Engineer, Charterhouse Voice & Data Plc (Central London)
Nov 2001 Jan 2002
Administrator of all Windows 2000 platforms using TechNet with hardware & software break fix
Computer security including anti-virus, hardware firewalls and backup / disaster recovery
Network cable layout and topology including switches, bridges, routers and ISDN / leased line
Support Engineer, Logicscope Realisations Ltd (Central London)
Apr 2001 Nov 2001
Administrator of NT4 Server / Solaris with 2nd and 3rd line support for the development staff
Supporting software for bank trading floors internally and locally with travel
Installation and maintenance of all anti-virus software for servers and desktops
Testing C++ / Java projects against specification, requirements and purpose
Security Monitoring and Quality Assurance Standards Officer
Corporate Development, County Hall (Kingston-Upon-Thames, Surrey)
Nov 2000 Apr 2001
Monitoring e-mail and internet to conform with policies and standards
Identifying improved methods and procedures for security related issues
|University of Portsmouth||1995 1999|
|BSc||Computer Science with Industrial Placement|
|Bournemouth and Poole College||1993 1995|
|BTEC National Diploma in Computer Studies||Merit|
|A Level Computing Theory||D|
|Poole High School||1990 - 1993|
|BTEC First Diploma in Business and Finance||Merit|
|English Language and Literature GCSE||B/B|
|Computer Studies GCSE||C|
|Dual Science (Physics & Biology) GCSE||C/C|
|RSA Touch Typing||Passed|
|NVQ II Business Administration||Passed|
I am an active professional member of the British Computer Society having passed their qualifying criteria.
Unix Systems Administration course completed. Microsoft Certified Professional in Windows XP (70-270)
ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management course completed and exam passed. Server 2003 course completed
Dell Certified Systems Expert passing 7 DCSE exams covering servers, laptops, printers and cloud computing
Physically fit, healthy & energetic.
Non-smoker but enjoy electronic cigarettes outdoors.
Full driving license & use of my own car.
A very supportive and understanding wife that enables me to be fully dedicated to my work.
Martial arts, badminton, canoeing, cycling, swimming and chess. I also enjoy darts, ten-pin bowling, pool, motoring,
music, multi-gym, rambling, origami, photography, developing websites and IT security research.
A Word DOC copy of this CV is downloadable at http://groa.st/cv
An Adobe PDF copy of this CV is downloadable at http://groa.st/cv2
To return to the top of this online CV, please click http://GlennRoast.gr
Last edited 12th June 2016